Crescent Lunge (Anjaneyasana) is a basic pose found in most yoga classes. We love this pose for so many reasons..strengthens the quadriceps and gluteus muscles, stretches the psoas and hips, it can help relieve sciatica pain, expands your chest, lungs and shoulders, improves your balance, concentration and core awareness and many more.
- Start in Downward Facing Dog.
- Step your right foot forward and place it beside your right thumb, lining up your right knee over your right ankle.
- Raise your torso and sweep your arms above your head with your palms facing.
- On your next exhale, allow your hips to settle forwards and down.
- Draw your tailbone down towards the earth, lengthening your lower back and engaging your core muscles.
- Reach up with your heart, and shift your gaze up for a mild backbend.
- Stay for a few berths and repeat on the other side.